As I reflect on 2015, I find myself a little disappointed. I had many goals set for myself, many of which were accomplished, yet many left untouched. As I regroup and think about what happened, I remind myself that this is a new year, as well as a new beginning so I’m not going to dwell, I’m going to move forward and start fresh in 2016!
A few goals for the new year:
- Make more time for my Grandparents. They are the best, I want my daughter to know and remember them, and I want to know everything about them that I possibly can, after all, they have been here longer and are much wiser than I. And lets face it, they are not going to be here forever, so I need to be with them, and be in the moment. Ask them about everything!
- Get my health back in check ( obvious and cliche, I know). Of course I ran and worked out in 2015, but I could definitely step up my game. I plan on signing up for a few races of which includes a half marathon as well as a sprint tri-athalon. Mixed with a variety of fun runs my daughter can do with me!
- Meditate. I get anxious, stressed, upset etc just like any other person, but I think taking time to calm your mind and body is so important. I plan on getting back to my Yogi roots and attending yoga at least 2 times per week.
- Spending more time on learning. Whether this be working on my Spanish, guitar, research, or reading, I plan on enriching my life as well as my daughter’s life as much as possible.
- Travel. Someplace new. There is so much to do, so much to see, and so much culture to absorb it seems silly that this is not on everyone’s list of things to do!
- Replace coffee with Matcha! There are so many health benefits to matcha, and it tastes AMAZE!
Some health benefits to Matcha include:
- High in antioxidants (60 x more than spinach!)
- Increases energy without the nervousness that coffeeprovides
- Boosts concentration and memory
- Helps with weight loss
Not to mention, if you like green tea, you will LOVE Matcha! I love to add it to my protein shakes.
I know some people are anti new years resolutions and I can see their point, I mean shouldn’t we be living like this daily? But the reality for me is that life happens, and the new year is a great time to appreciate the past, realize who you want to be, and make it a reality ❤
3 thoughts on “Starting the year off right”
Good tips. Where do you get the Matcha?
Here in Spokane at Spice Traders Mercantile, love that store, they also have tons of flavored balsamic vinegars
I love that you are goal oriented, itâs not always easy and you may not accomplish everything you want to because life happens. When you reach your goal it is such a rewarding feeling. Plus you are setting a great example for you daughter, family and friends.
Love you more!