Holy BRRRR!!! So Saturday morning, it sounded like a good idea to run to the gym, and then workout at 8 AM. Well, apparently I have been in hibernation because it was still dark after the time I got up and got the running gear on. I forgot how late the sun rises! On a mission to get the first long run done on my marathon training plan, I bucked up! Here is the view, just in case you missed it
And yes, that’s right,sometimes I pull double duty and take pics while I run… I’m talented like that haha
The hardest thing about running when it’s literally freezing outside is getting started. After a few minutes, you warm up and the cold is actually refreshing. AS LONG as you have the proper gear on! Here are a few key items I never forget when it’s cold out:
- Hat or ear covers of some sort (Target has one right now with a hole in the back for your pony tail, genius!)
- Thicker than your average gym sock. Most running shoes have some breathable fabric, allowing colder air in
- long sleeve shirt with a running jacket over it (I love my Marmot brand, keeps me warm without overheating, has an inside pocket with a sneaky headphone outlet, and it’s bright and has reflectors for safety)
- Running pants that are a little thicker or lined
- Some extra tissues, my nose runs like crazy in the cold!
I made it!
Made it to the 45 minute class, and SURPRISE it just so happened to be a cardio day…. FML!!! Well, whatever doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger right?
Well, off to bed. Gotta get my run on tomorrow 😉
Sunday: Rest day/Yoga day
Monday: 45 minute Crossfit class at Physzique and 2 mile treadmill run after, alternating speeds
Races I’m signed up for: Partners in Pain 5K on 2-9-14
Are you training for anything right now?