Happy Monday! The Happy Girl Run was last Saturday. This is one of my favorite races. Not only is the scenery beautiful, but they have the best swag bags including socks from The Sock Guy, and some great samples and coupons! I met my friend Angie Friday night to pick up our packets and we had some dinner at Twigs, one of my favorites!
Here is my race morning routine:
- Get up at the butt crack of dawn
- Drink coffee, I love the caffeine and ahemmmm other benefits. Sorry. TMI.
- Make my usual pre-run breakfast of an english muffin topped with almond butter, sliced bananas, and cinnamon
- Double check my list and make sure I have everything, specifically my Garmin, headphones, race bib, and chap stick
- I like to wear running pants with a little zipper pouch for my car key
- Pin my race bib on to my tank top that is under my long sleeve shirt. I get hot and know I will take that off
- My phone which also happens to have a pouch on the back that can hold my ID, debit card, and a $20
- Stretch and Go!
- I usually say a prayer on the way to the race too
Found these yummy pumpkin spice english muffins at Yoke’s
Also, speaking of pumpkin, here are some other good finds from Trader Joes
The race started off and it was a beautiful day
Thank God for Angie. I just got some bluetooth headphones that I know I packed, well they were MIA once I got there, I think they fell off my neck when I got out of my car because I still can’t find them. She had a spare pair. LOVE!
Why cant the whole thing be downhill haha
My phone died halfway through, so I ended up running without music and didn’t get to take any pics of all the pretty horses along the way 😦 I have done this race 3 years in a row now, every time they have been here in Spokane. I think this is the start of a running tradition for me, and hopefully my daughter too someday ❤
I tried this brand of Kombucha from Target, its really good, not as strong as a lot of them
And a few shots of my sweetie hustlin’ at her soccer game
My legs were still sore from all the hills at the Happy Girl Run, even after I took a rest day yesterday and got a leg rub from Dan ❤ But I pushed through and got a 3.5 miler in along the Centennial Trail.
Gotta throw in a running selfie haha
So, I talked about the homeless camps along the river on my paddleboarding post here Food, Running, Guns, Golf, Lake and Saying Goodbye to Summer 😦 . It was kind of crazy to see one so close. If you look closely at the bottom right of these two photos, you will see a tent!
I love the trail in the fall!
Pumpkin Protein Pancake Recipe
- 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1tsp pumpkin pie spice
- milk or almond milk to desired consistency
Mix everything together in a mixing bowl and cook on a pan how you would cook regular pancakes. I topped mine with fresh ground almond butter. But I’d like to try to copycat Boots’ Bakery’s chai butter, it was oh so yummy! I promise they taste better than they look!!
Saw these cuties all lined up at the pet store
Have a beautiful week everyone, Love & Run. ~Sami
3 thoughts on “Happy Girl Run and Some Pumpkin Protein Pancakes”
This one time a guy warned me about the “bombs” along the trail … I was like “bombs?” Turned out he was saying “bums.”
There are soooo many along the river, I was shocked when I took the paddleboards out along the stretch by the Mission! But shoot, I don’t blame them. That’s where I’d be too 😉
I would too 😉